Physical development experiences in early childhood is vital to children’s all round development for happy, healthy and active lives
· Early experiences of tummy time, crawling and play movements.
· Sensory activities help develop exploration, strength and co-ordination.
· Gross motor activities– outdoor play support core strength, balance, stability and awareness of space.
· Experiencing a wide range of activities and games
· Develop social skills
· Emotional well-being
· Healthy bodies
· Fine motor skills-hand eye co-ordination supports early literacy skills– forming letters for writing
· Repeating activities—puzzles, games and small world toys
· Art and craft activities—painting, gluing and mark making skills
· Using small tools– scissors, dough cutters, tweezers and mallets
· Allowing children to develop control and confidence